Thursday, May 19, 2005

The debut of Turquoise Waves

Here is my Turquoise Waves! I finished it on Tuesday night, actually I should say Wednesday at 12:07 A.M. I had planned the seaming for Wednesday but couldn't stop the process ...


I wanted to post it soon but I had a problem with downloading the picture from the camera. Had to wait for the owner of the camera ( my 2nd son) to get home from school. To my surprise, he got the problem solved! Yea, my boys are my electronics guru! That's fair since I am their "all kinds" problem solver and special search person (socks, books, wallets, cell phone, ........................) :)

Ah, there is an extra thing in the picture. Did you notice the necklace? Yesterday, I finally decided to go back to my previous hobby of "Beading". I started to have an interest in making jewelry ( some beading and wiring work) at a very early age, when I was still in elementary school. Didn't persuade it anymore. Around 1999, on a trip to Thailand I visited this Jewelry center and saw many beautiful gemstone beads. They were so pretty and I bought a few strands of Tourmaline and Amethist. I was then living in Singapore and found a place that was teaching stringing methods. And wherever I was traveling I only had beads in mind! Just like the yarns nowadays :)

Interesting that when the fashion of semi precious necklaces boomed, I almost did not make it anymore. Maybe it was due to my moving and the lack of a nice place to spread all the material.
I didn't make any jewelry for almost 3 years but that didn't stop me from buying beads! I had in mind that for every knitted garment I would match a necklace. That's why yesterday, I finally decided to get into action.

Digging into my beads collection, I found a perfect faceted blue stone, it's a very deep sky blue color, not sure of the name of the stone ( I always ask for the name when I buy it, but forget with time). It is mixed with some Bali Silver beads and Crystal Quartz. Here is a closer view:


Going back to "Knitting", I am really happy with T. Waves, almost perfect ( had two tiny mistakes, one in each side). I know you can't see it and I don't even remember the exact location . ;)

And yesterday night was my treat time! It was the time to search for the "next project". I took all my Spring/Summer knitting books to my bedroom and gathered some cotton yarns.
Hubby came back late from a business dinner to find our bed full of yarns and knitting books. ha..ha And the silence of the night was only interrupted by the usual TV noise and the flip flop sound of my books... It was really fun, how I love to do this! Although, it's a hard job to decide the pattern and match the appropriate yarn for the right design. And that's why I still haven't decided the yarn or the design yet.....

12 comments:

Agnes said...

Wow ... a matching necklace for every knitwear! I don't wear jewelry except my engagement and wedding rings ... but I have to say the necklace matches very well with T. Wave, which of course is very well done. The lace pattern is very beautiful! Congratulations!

opportunityknits said...

Both the waves tank and the necklace are very pretty and goes well together. Have fun deciding on your next project. If you like the black sweater, just forget about the flower and knit the sweater.

Anonymous said...

Your Turquoise Waves sweater looks great ! The necklace is perfectly match with it ! I love the colourway. Good work !

Jayden's Mom said...

I must agree with the rest that Turquoise Waves looks gorgeous and the necklace really matches it! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Like everyone has said: The necklace looks great with your sweater! It's nice when hobbies complement each other like this, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Waves is beautiful. I think waves is best suited pattern to show off varigated yarns, better than the earlier patches. Congratulations!

Mimi said...

Thank you all for the nice compliments! It feels gooood!!!
It turned to be nicer than I expected, specially being a second attempt. I am happy with T.Waves and now I want to knit more....:)

Laura.Y said...

Very nice..:) I like the waves with the colourway. That necklaces matches to a T as well.

yuvee said...

I love them! Both the waves and the necklace. It looks so beautiful in that colourway. I'd love to see you wearing them ;)

Michelle said...

Your Turquoise Waves is so lovely and nice, and the varigated shade of yarn make it even more beautiful. Great work!

Toni said...

Wonderful! Very ambitious (and cool) to plan a matching necklace for every sweater.

楊雅韋 said...

聊聊多人視頻社區
領袖視頻社區
喔喔聊天室
喔喔視頻社區
56as視頻聊天網
聊室娛樂網
聊娛樂網
愛聊娛樂賬號密碼
天天聊娛樂視頻社區
聊室語音聊天室
大咖私聊室
小刀娛樂網
台灣佬娛樂中文網
聊天室直播視頻
收費裸聊網
28聊視頻聊天室
視頻聊天工具
視頻聊聊天室
視頻秀聊天室
視頻直播聊天室
愛吧聊視頻聊天室
瘋狂娛樂聊視頻語音聊天網
28號公館視頻聊天室
藍天天下聊視頻聊天室
隨聊隨想視頻聊天室
隨聊隨想聊天室
隨聊視頻聊天室
隨想隨聊話題
網愛吧多人視頻聊天室
聊愛吧
愛就愛吧視頻聊天室
愛吧聊天室
就愛吧聊天室下載
愛就愛吧聊天室香香
網愛吧聊天室
奇摩女孩視訊
奇摩女孩免費視訊網
奇摩女孩聊天室破解
台灣甜心女孩視訊
台灣甜心女孩
甜心女孩視訊
台灣甜心辣妹視訊
台灣甜心聊天室
情趣內衣真人秀
真人秀在線視頻
真人秀聊天網站
真人聊天室
同城一夜i情交友群
同城一夜i情qq群
U8美女陪聊網