Thanks for the comments on my cardi and scarf! It's great to be able to share my knitting experiences ( good and bads) with you all.
I have a pile of WIP's and UFO's waiting for their turn. My first on list and priority number one was DH'vest. It took me several stops mainly due to the uncertainty of the size. It's hard as I am only used to knit for myself. Then I also run out of yarn for the borders of the armhole. Yes, I know I left for the last minute but I knew I could make it... Here it's Charcoal vest for DH as today it's DH's Bday!
And modeling for DH is my little son,
I should say my big boy as he is almost 1.70 m and wears size US12 shoes!!?? DH is super busy at work and I don't think it's a good time for me to ask him to take a picture for my blog. So my second son was really nice to take the picture. He immediately agreed but asked if it could be a headless one. He said it's a little embarassing for him to be wearing his dad's vest! Oh, well! He doesn't know what he is missing, the vest is so comfy because it's a mix of merino wool and cashmere. :)
For this vest, I learnt to do the tubular stitch for the border by following the illustrations from a Japanese book. It was a bit hard but I like the result very much. I was not able to sew the borders of the armholes and the V neck in the same way. I tried many times and the yarn was starting to split. So I just did a regular elastic bind-off. I need to practice in a simple swatch to learn the new techniques.
Update: DH seems to like the new vest, he wore it the next day to work. I was already asleep by the time he came back ( yes, he works hard!) and when I opened my eyes I wasn't sure if it was indeed the new vest as he had wore inside out!! I sure did a good job with the seaming, don't you think so? I still can't believe that he wore that way all day long through all the meetings!! :D
I had started another project using a variegated yarn. It's so hard to find a design suitable for this kind of yarn. I have a tendency to buy this type of yarn because i like multi-colors. What I actually wanted was the self stripping yarn. The yarn is from last year purchase, now I know how the self stripping yarn look like.
This design is from the Keitodama Fall 2005. I couldn't take a picture of the design as it was too small.
And last a progress on an UFO that's been negleted since last winter. The reason was because I didn't have enough yarn to finish the sleeves. Last Spring,my sister was able to find it for me but the weather was already warm by then. So now it seems to be a good time to finish it. Only the lot was diferent, in terms of color is just a slightly difference but I am not so happy with the thickness of the new lot. I am using for the bottom of the sleeves, that way the color and the different texture should be less noticeable. I am also changing the stitches on the sleeve as i find it too busy. It has a different pattern that is not present in the body section. As last year I still enjoyed the multi stitches in my sweaters. Now I find that they don't look so nice on me. Although, I think i like to knit them as it's exciting to see new patterns coming out. Should do this in an afghan! Now I am a bit worried that the sleeves will be too plain against the body.
Again I don't have a picture because the original color of the design is black and it won't show well the design on the screen. If you have Keitodama Winter 2004, you can take a look on page 46.
Stay tuned, as I have another FO for my next post. See you soon!