I have something new to share and this time it's not my usual cardi. Instead, I can model a shawl, my first one! ;) I chose Swallowtail for being a small, had a variety of stitches patterns ( I wouldn't be bored) and that I could use a yarn that is not so thin. I've been postponing my post because I don't have good photos . Rain is in the forecast for this entire week. So I will just post these indoors ones taken at night . As you can see, the shawl is kind uneven because I didn't block it properly. I only used a steam iron to block in sections as the ironboard is not big enough. I am lacking a blocking tools such as the board and pins. Despite the imperfect shape ( hopefully temporally) I am very satisfied with my first shawl. I like the design, size and the versatile color in aubergine. I enjoyed this knit even though there were a few unraveling steps ( done stitch by stitch because I was afraid to put the yos back in the needle) when I forgot to do the center increases. Finally, I found the use for stitch markers! :)
Pattern: Swallowtail shawl from IK Autumn 2006
yarn: Lana Grossa - Merino 2000 Superfein 100% wool ( used just a bit over 3 balls)
Needles: Japanese 8 (4.5 mm)
Last week, I started my long awaited winter project. Hehe..., wrong, if you guessed this a scarf in progress. It's the beginning of a sleeve from a shrug, after 3 attempts. The gauge was right for the selected yarn but I forget to add the plain lateral stitches. At first, it looked so narrow. ..I thought never mind, it will stretch later with a good blocking. As it grew in length, the width was off by 40% and the problem was obvious. I was so absent-minded that I thought that moving to a larger needle would help. Finally, I decided to check the pattern and I found out that I casted on a wrong number for total sts. I don't know why it took me so long to realize the mistake. Now I am back in the right track.