Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lotus Cardigan FO

Late posting again! I've been very busy these days since the boys are on winter vacation. No break for me though as I've been cooking, driving and checking on them around the clock. Little time for knitting. I finished Lotus cardigan a few weeks ago but I don't have very good photos to share. To get things going, I'll just post these ones or it will be another few weeks before I can post again.

As you can see, Lotus didn't turned out so great. I had high expectations that it would be a nice FO. It looks a little bulky, or in other words it makes me look bigger than I think I'm now. The pockets turned out to be all right. Regular length sleeves would be better since it's a little cold to wear it without an inner layer.

I managed to make the collar stay still by knitting extra rows and adding a ribbed border. It's just not the collar I had in mind though.


Yarn : Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino ( 10 skeins)
needles: Japanese 7
With Chinese New Year just around the corner, I had in mind to have a new sweater (named as Jade Jacket). Unfortunately, I won't be able to finish it in time for the occasion. Just the cable border took me a week to complete. The body is being knitted in one piece after picking up stitches from the side of the long cable strip. At beginning, I wasn't sure if I should knit the body parts ( back and two fronts) and later have it sewn to the cable border. I thought it would be safer to just pick up the stitches. A little more trouble at beginning to ensure even stitches along the border but no mending job left in the end! And I think it was the right decision. I'm satisfied with the connecting section.
The seed stitch is slowing me down in this project but I am happy with it. I'll add cable borders to the sleeves as well. Looking for a pattern that has Chinese collars but so far haven't found any. I believe I'll knit or crochet a button border with some Chinese style knotted closures, if I could successfully make them. I feel it's going to be a long project. it's not easy to knit without a pattern to follow. There are just too many little details that I can't foresee.

Last and certainly not least, I got an unexpected package from the postman this afternoon. Little stars to lighting my day from my childhood friend ( since I was 6 and she was 4) from the other side of the earth. Really, it's all the way from Brazil. Our last meeting was in California more than 20 years but we are still in touch by email and phone. She sent my favorite childhood chocolates, caramelized figs and fig scented soaps and body cream ( just because I told her I miss figs). And knowing that I am an addict knitter she sent me yarn and knitting magazines. I have lots of cotton yarns and hand made kitchen towels from her past parcels that I'll post in the near future.
I almost forget that I wanted to share new knitting books that I found this weekend and that followed me home. First one on left has classic vests for men (by Hamanaka, titled as "men's sweater & vest" that I think it will come handy when I knit for hubby. I already missed his birthday, so I still have plenty of months for the next one. Second one was an old edition from 1989. I only got it because it has golf clubs cover patterns that I plan to knit for hubby as well. One of these days... Well, good intentions count too! ;) And last, was this reprint of a vintage book. I have seen it in an ad from Keito ( summer 2006) and have since been very curious about it's content. It's a paperback quality and has lots of Japanese text ( unfortunately, can't read any). It looks more a book for machine knitting though. Which I presumably assume could be used for hand knitting too. In addition, there are stitches charts with similar symbols used nowadays. For now, it's more for browsing and seeing all the different designs the book offers ( no ISBN number information available). Anyway, I had to have it since it was the only copy on the shelf. All three books were lonely copies, so it was very easy to make up my mind.
Next week we'll be visiting Fukuoka , Oita and the surrounding area for vacation. And that means I'll be able to check on yarn shops. I'm pretty excited that I found out Yuzawaya has a branch store in Fukuoka. I am looking forward to seeing the new spring books and yarns! Does anyone know other yarn shops in the area?
It feels so good to know that I'll be starting the new year looking at yarns! ;) Happy Chinese New Year!

11 comments:

Agnes said...

Well, it's not too bad ... wearing a shirt underneath is a good idea. I know the short coming of short sleeves ... many of my cardigans are like that! :D But I think I am going to like your next sweater!
Chinese New Year is coming ... Kung Hei Fat Choi! Wish you and your family a prosperous and healthy year to come.

NostalgicKnot said...

Happy Chinese New Year and enjoy your vacation!

Sally said...

Happy Holidays and a Prosperous New Year to you! Looking forward to see how Jade turns out. I like the border and seed stitch combination.

Doreen said...

Happy Chinese New Year and have a great vacation

Celia said...

Happy Chinese New Year and have a productive yarn shopping trip!
Love the cable border and the seed stitch look!

Koko said...

The Jade Jacket seems to go well! So gorgeous! And I really look forward to see your Chinese style knotted closures if you make. When I was young, my father went to China on business and bought me a elegant Chinese blouse which had beautifull hand made knotted closures. I love it.

Any way, are you going to Japan?
Wow! Happy New Year and holidays!!

Susanne said...

Hey,
your jacket is beautiful, I like it. And your new sweater is going to be a favourite.
Happy new year and holidays!
Susanne

Vivian said...

You've change new banner!! So cute...I've been very busy lately and can't be able to comment here, all of your FOs are amazing and lovely.
***Happy Chinese New Year***

Koko said...

Have you already come back here from the vacation?
Thanks for your sweet comment on my post.

I really look forward to seeing your exciting report about yarns in Japan!

Anonymous said...

真愛旅舍視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍視頻聊天室
主播聊天室
同城聊天室
視頻聊
情色電影全集
真人裸體視頻
裸體視頻網址
女人赤身裸體視頻
中國裸體視頻網址
視頻網址大全
視頻網址
低調視頻庫網址
做一個愛視頻網址
視頻網址解析
視頻製作網址
真人女裸體視頻
真人裸體聊天視頻
真人裸體網站
真人表演視頻網站
真人秀多人視頻
真人裸體視頻網站
真人裸體電影
視頻真人秀網站
真人在線網頁遊戲
大島優子裸體
視頻網站排行
在線視頻網站你懂的
視頻下載網站
免費視頻聊天網
國外視頻網站
台灣甜心辣妹視訊
台灣免費視訊
聊天室VIP破解版
日本視訊聊天室
視訊聊天下載
怎麼下載視頻
視頻下載網站免費
免費視頻裸聊
免費視頻找女人聊天
台灣辣妹視訊網
台灣辣妹視訊網
歡樂吧視頻聊天室-真人秀視頻聊天室
哪個視頻聊天室最開放-熟女倫理性愛自拍圖片論壇
CF視頻聊天室-成熟女人做愛成人交友網
179視頻聊天室-女性異性按摩視頻
比較開放的視頻聊天室-九聊語音視頻聊天
28聊視頻聊天室-玫瑰情人網同城聊天室
真人秀視頻-同城視頻約炮聊天室
色聊天室網站-一夜情言情小說-聊性的貼吧
色聊聊天室-女子學院1夜情視頻
色聊女的QQ-夜色伊甸園交友網-秀色直播間
色聊網-寂寞同城e夜情交友網-三色午夜秀聊天室
愛聊視頻聊天室-彩虹視頻聊天室下載
寂寞男生的聊天室-彩虹視頻社區聊天室
寂寞同城聊天室破解版-彩虹視頻聊天室
夜裡寂寞視頻聊天室-秀色直播下載
寂寞視頻聊天室-可以聊性的女孩QQ
五色聊天室網站-聊吧秀舞直播間
日本視頻社區聊天室-同城寂寞男女約會
免費寂寞聊天室-晚上寂寞的女人的qq群
免費同城聊天室網站-美女午夜視頻聊天

楊雅韋 said...

視頻語音聊天室
天下聊語音聊天室
愛聊語音聊天室
天下聊天室網址
天下聊
天下聊聊天室
網聊
農夫聊
冰心聊天室
視訊美女免費
免費視訊
維納斯免費視訊
免費一對多視訊
色男色女約炮網
久吧視訊聊天室網站
日本視訊聊天
日本視訊
日本視訊DX
同城交友約炮
約炮網站哪個好
交友網站約炮容易麼
交友約炮
58同城交友約炮
約炮
交友網站約炮指南
來約炮網
58同城交友
櫻花視訊聊天網
奇摩女孩真人交友視頻網
奇摩女孩視訊聊天網
真人免費視訊聊天室
免費視訊區一對多
台灣免費視訊女郎
玩美免費視訊
卡蜜兒免費視訊
外國免費視訊
月光之女免費視訊區
免費視訊115
女人的裸體真人秀
中教聯誼社
中日聯誼醫院
淘友社
姐妹聯誼會驚魂
美女穿褲襪視頻
褲襪美腳
褲襪美女視頻
無內褲襪美女圖片
玩美女人影音秀
美女影音生活秀
美女影音