Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Packing up for San Diego

In a few hours, I'll be flying with the kids to San Diego to visit my family. Alas, at last minute, I found a summer camp for the boys. So I will hopefully have some free time to spend with my family.

This time I tried my best to pack my belongings ahead and if it wasn't because of these... I would not need to rush now.

oops, just dropped a necklace and broke a flower bead, the one in the right. Should be able to fix it later, will pack an extra flower bead. Yesterday , I just could not help to make some necklaces for my sisters. And I made one for myself as well ( the left one) . I used material from an old necklace I made years ago. That's a good thing about beads, you get to reuse the beads and everything is new and fresh again. I got so addicted with beads and I just can't wait to find a bead fair in the southern CA in July.

I didn't forget about knitting. I just took a little break, still knitting a row here and there. I started a new project, Iris. It's from an old Japanese magazine. So there is need for reshaping as the design has a boxy look. Will be my project for the airplane time. Using Cometa yarn from Mondial. I am enjoying to knit the cables though I don't often knit this kind of design with cotton yarn. Trying to diversify my knits' style for each season. :)

As part for the traveling kit, I could not get into an airplane without a nice magazine. Last week I found this Knit'n style Fall edition. So surprised to see this early bird in the bookstore shelf. I don't usually buy this title as the designs are not my favorite ones. Though this time, I need a magazine to relax, entertain and pass the time in the squeezed airplane seat. I was so good , did not even peek inside the magazine yet, it's still in it's sealed bag! ;)

So I wish you all a happy July and even it's kind hot to knit ( it's 34C- 93F around here), you still can dream for Fall knitting like I am going to do soon. I don't know if I'll be able to post but I may just surprise you.

10 comments:

Agnes said...

I agree with you ... the said magazine's designs are always a bit out of touch with the fashion trend ... but sometimes they do have some nice sock patterns.
Have a nice trip!

opportunityknits said...

bon voyage!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a nice, relaxing trip. I've been noticing some new fall stuff out there too, and it's hard concentrating on the summer stuff! ;-)

Unknown said...

Have a great trip Mimi. Will you be coming to bay area?

Peggy said...

Have a fun trip! I'm amazed with your speed... I am still slowing getting through the back for my cabled cotton top. @_@

Jez said...

Your knitting is very very lovely! I am sort of jealous. :) The Calla lily is particularly great!

Anonymous said...

Have a great vaction, Mimi!

Vivian said...

Wish you have a great journey and happy vacation.

shanwen said...

Wow.. mimi, have a safe and fun trip!

楊雅韋 said...

台灣辣妹視訊網
線上人間
線上人間視訊
線上人間聊天室
台灣線上人間
人間大砲視頻
天上人間聊天視頻
知音人間視頻
天上人間視頻
q女孩真人視訊
澀寶貝真人視訊
QQ真人視訊交友網
QBABY真人視訊
QQ愛真人視頻交友聊天室
奇摩女孩免費視訊聊天室
台灣裸聊奇摩女孩真人視訊網
奇摩女孩聊天室
線上視訊聊天室
CC18LIVE真人視訊
黃色的視頻電影
影音視訊聊天室
免費成人視頻FC2視頻
FC2免費共享視頻
FC2視頻
人人碰免費視頻
免費成人視頻動漫
超碰免費視頻公開
製作視頻的免費軟件
人人碰成人社區
丁香成人社區
成人交友社區
MOMO聊聊吧
6655成人網站
6655成人影院
6655美女
6655人體
人人碰在線視頻
超碰人人碰視頻
6655網址之家
模特全透明內衣
內衣秀露了毛
內衣秀露了毛全透明
黃色視頻
韓國情色短片
妹妹情色電影
免費裸聊的qq群
聊性的QQ群
視頻裸聊
視頻裸聊網
免費裸聊裸體色女觀看