Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Memories of Singapore

I am so behind with my posts these days but I still would like to register all my knitting adventures here in my blog. And I guess, you may as well enjoy them. I am trying to update as much as I can in a chronological sequence, so be prepared to see multiple posts this week!

By the end of summer I had a quick get away to Singapore. My family and I have lived there as expats for about 4 years and the experience has left solid memories for my boys. So it wasn't a surprise to me when my elder son told me his wish to go back for a few days. And I certainly had no problems with that as I also enjoy the country.

I myself have lived in many cities and once back I like to return to all my favorite spots. See what has been changed or still contemplate the old corners. It's true, I have been back to Singapore at least once a year since I left. I would fly back even more if I could!

One of my priorities is Orchard Road and the vicinity. I don't really buy a lot ( I think) but I like to wonder around. And then comes the Kinokuniya bookstore to check on the knitting books ( It was my routine stop to go twice a week) and certainly all the yarn shops.
I was able to meet up with Opportunityknits and we had the best time together chatting about knitting and checking yarn shops. Time never seen enough for us to catch up with our favorite subject about knitting. Unfortunately, I was too entertained and didn't take any photo of the yarn shops. I should certainly capture the moments next time.

However, I have these photos below to share. This window display caught our attention at Rafles city,

This store specializes in knitted handbags. Double click the photos for a larger view.

Below, one more view with silver theme.

For yarn shops I visited Golden Dragon (Chinatown), Knitting Shop Enterprise ( Golden Landmark), Yarn shop (Tanglin Mall), Spotlight ( Plaza Singapura), Yon Hearn ( Holland Village) and this new yarn place that Opportunityknits took me.(I don't know the name).

I was so behaved while I was in US but somehow I lost control and came back with all this cotton yarns. By coincidence, I always have my folding bag on my trips for emergency purposes like this. Half of the lot I got it few hours before I had to catch the flight. I went back to the Golden Dragon store on the last day to get extras of the red yarn ( bottom pack). I had a project in mind bt I felt that I didn't had enough yardage. Anyway, since it was my last chance I ended up grabbing 3 more packs of yarn.

To add more pleasure to my lot, I was gifted by Opportunityknits with these:

Sulvin Gold yarn from Richmore, so soft and they have this silky touch! And the soaps are so perfumed.

Changing subject to a quick food event. For days during the trip, I was looking for this particular fruit that I so love it's sweet and sour taste! It's named Duku , cultivated in Malaysia and Thailand. I found it on the way back from Golden Dragon. I was so excited but could only buy a small cluster since I would only have a few hours to consume it. Oh it was so yummy!! :)

Perfect stop in Singapore! And for days I was contemplating my new yarns at home!

Moreover, I had more joy.....On the next day at home, I had another big surprise by mail. Joy from Joyousknits and Siow Chin from Little Purl of Orient sent these,

The lovely socks are from Joy, she specially knitted it for me. Knowing that I don't know how to knit socks, Joy was very thoughtful in gifting my first hand knitted socks. I examined curiously toes, heels and top and they are so well knitted! They are actually custom made with my measurements. The socks came in this stylish bag made by Siow Chin. I like so much the linen fabric she used and the inside is matched by the mini rose prints and even has this little tag with her signature name. A perfect set for me!

And to finish today, I need to register here that I was nominated as "Rockin Girl" ( couldn't find how to paste the logo)by Mel from Wild and Wolly. Needless to say, I was very happy to be chosen. And to know that there are knitters out there that enjoy my posts!


8 comments:

handknit168 said...

I always enjoy to read your tour of yarn hunting. Like I am going along with your tour.

Agnes said...

That is an interesting store selling knitted handbags. I've been to Singapore and remember the district you talked about ... something like the Landmark in Central, Hong Kong. I love wandering around the shops there too.

Jackie said...

What a happy yarn trip u got there.

Unknown said...

so much yarns!~ if you have visited Ondori, you could have bought more. there's always next time :)

peenkfrik said...

Hi there! I would like to thank you for this post. My yarn hunt in Singapore was successful. :)

lily said...

do you know any yarn stores in singapore

Unknown said...

do you have a good recommendation for me to get cheaper yarn in singapore?

楊雅韋 said...

奇優美女影音
玩美女人
玩美女人視訊
完美女人視訊
完美女人
完美女人進化遊戲
快播電影網
快播電影網站大全
快播網
被窩電影網
快播電影下載
大姐色快播電影網
一個色快播電影網國產
沒沒美女妹快播電影網
風門村快播電影網
台灣人視訊173
S383影音生活秀
視訊直播
MFC韓國視訊直播QVOD
日本住視訊大全
live173
ut888
live173秀
live173.com
全球隨機視頻
真人裸聊網579
隨機視頻
中文視頻隨機聊天
全球隨機視頻怎麼玩
全球視頻隨機網中文
校內隨機視頻網
全球隨機視頻網站
全球隨機視頻聊天網站
全球隨機視頻聊天聊天
全球隨機在線視頻聊天
中文全球視頻聊天隨機
全球視頻聊天隨機網
全球美女隨機視頻聊天
97全球隨機視頻聊天
三聊語音視頻聊天室
紅聊語音視頻聊天網
天下聊語音視頻聊天網
飄聊免費視頻聊天網
即聊隨機視頻聊天網
冰心聊語音視頻聊天網
寶貝聊語音視頻聊天網
情誼聊語音視頻聊天網
A8聊語音視頻聊天網
嗨聊語音視頻聊天網
愛聊多人視頻聊天