I haven't been posting for the last few days due to my boys' school activities. Lots of things to take care (standardized tests, near finals, prom, PTA meetings, summer camps, etc...) However, I 've been knitting on my de-stressing sessions and done some good progress.
The yellow top I introduced last post didn't worked out. Unless, I could miraculously return to my younger days figure, the size would fit me. To make me feel better,I started a new project with my new acquired Filatura DiCrosa ( Millifili Fine) rose color cotton yarn.
There was excitment in the air as I found this design in my old Keitodama Summer 2000. Even though, I've flipped this issue many times, only at this time I felt an attraction for this top. So, go check your older knitting books, it may reveal a pretty design that you may have missed. ;)This design is not very clear in the picture but a closer look in the pattern gave me the feelings that it would be a nice choice. I've noticed that I enjoy these semi hidden designs, maybe because it's fun to see the design emerging as it progress.
This Millifili is a great yarn and it slides smoothly on my bamboo needles. The color is a deep pink (unlike in the photo, it shows a bright pink color). It reminds me of roses, thus I was induced to name my new project as Rose.
Just like a real one, mine have plenty of thorns. The bottom part has a lace design that is fairly a simple one but it felt like thorns as I had to unravel numerous times. Either I had missing yo's or extra yo's in my rows and how painful it's to put the stitches ( in lace designs) back on the needle. With this process, my poor yarn was splitting all over, very sad. Luckily, just like in a rose once I conquered the thorns ( my mistakes), I was able to enjoy my knitting and it grew super fast afterwards.
I am also feeling happy as I did more progress on my Lavender. I had to halt on it because I ran out of yarn! ( usual from me? :D) I think it's because I knitted a longer version as following the pattern would be just way too short for me. I thought that changing to plain sts in between the slanted eyelets would yield some extra yarn. Apparently, it wasn't enough to cover the extra lenght I've added.
I am missing yarn to finish a few rows of my second sleeve and the collar.I am just waiting for my yarn to arrive and I will be able to finish this one. Did you notice that I already have the shell buttons ready to go? Interesting that these shell buttons have this iridescent effect that will reflect with the color they lie on.
My Gardenia top had been neglected for a while. I didn't want to knit it because I was kind bored on this design. Somehow finishing the inner top felt like I was done with this project. So I forced myself to work on this one and made a good progress. Now, it's just missing the sleeves and another piece of crochet for the front. It was kind slow knitting this one up as this cardigan is knitted in one piece. Oh, so many stitches in a small size needle. Well, I am glad that I am almost done with it.
On this last photo I am showing my failure to stay away from colourway yarns. I have the hardest time to match a design for this kind of yarn but could not resist them. The white ones are justified as I am in need of some neutral colors in my wardrobe. ;)